Are you one of those couples who can finish each other’s sentences? Do you share everything with each other? Are you best friends?
I have heard women say of their husbands, “He’s my best friend.” And these are couples who have been married for 40, 50, or60 years.
What makes it possible for couples to be best friends? Here are 7 tips:
1. Have fun together
2. Get excited about the things they get excited about
3. Know their story, their weaknesses, their fears…and love them anyway
4. Make them feel good about themselves
5. Call out the best in them.
6. Extend grace & forgiveness.
7. Put them first
You have the best of both worlds when you are married to your best and lifelong friend.
Source: Fancy Little Things