First, I would like to thank Trish for nominating me for this award. It was quite an unexpected and pleasant surprise. I am deeply touched and humbled.
Before I discovered my love for writing, I was an avid reader. Any member of my family would tell you that I spent most of my time with my nose buried in a book. I don’t remember when I decided to put a pen to paper and start writing but writing has become my passion. And I used to fill exercise books with short stories and romances.
The blogging world is a writer’s paradise and I quickly became enamored. I’m grateful to Trish and all the amazing bloggers who have visited me and commented on my posts. Their support and encouragement have helped me to improve as a writer.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Trish‘s Questions for Me:
- How long have you been blogging?
For over seven years.
2. What is your favourite writing genre?
I love period dramas and romances. My love for writing began with my love for reading Harlequin and Mills & Boon novels. I’m a huge fan of Jane Austen and I have tried my hand at writing period pieces.
3. Have you previously been nominated for a blogging award?
I was nominated to take part in the 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge in 2018.
4. Where have you travelled to and what is your favourite country / culture?
Years ago my sister and I went on a Mediterranean cruise to France, Greece, Turkey and Italy. We fell in love with Italy and visited several times. I’ve also been on a Great Controversy Tour where we visited Italy, Germany, Switzerland and France. It was my first time visiting Germany and Switzerland. I loved Switzerland. It’s my new favorite country (it used to be Italy).
5. Do you have a bucket list?
Yes. I would like to visit Austria one day and to found a charitable organization.
6. What has been your biggest triumph?
Climbing a mountain in Torre Pelice, Italy. I wish I could remember its name. It felt great to finally reach the top and pause for a while to admire the view.
7. What has been your lowest moment?
Losing my son last year summer. He was 11.
8. How has the Covid-19 pandemic affected your life?
Life for me has become very uncertain and I keep wondering when there will be a vaccine so that we can return to some normalcy again. Still, I am thankful that I have a job and I know that God is in control.
9. What do you think of Donald Trump?
Based on what I have seen and heard, I don’t believe that he is competent to be President.
10. Name your favourite memory of your hometown.
Spending time with family and friends at Red Water Creek (Guyana).
11. Do you believe in a spiritual deity / higher power?
Yes, I believe in God, the Father, God, the Son and God, the Holy Spirit.
My questions to the nominees :
- If you had a once in a lifetime opportunity to interview someone famous, who would it be?
- What is your biggest regret?
- In which century would you have liked to live?
- If your life were a book, what would its title be?
- If you had the power to make any animal talk, which one would you choose and why?
- Do you think that the United States should have another political party?
- How would you describe yourself in one word?
- If you could invent something, what would it be?
- If you had to choose a color to describe your life right now would it be blue, yellow, green, red, grey or other?
- If you needed a mystery to be solved, whom would you turn to for help–Sherlock Holmes, Jane Marple or Hercule Poirot?
- Which of these artists would you have liked to paint your portrait–Da Vinci, Vermeer or Frida Kahlo?
My nominees are:
Thanks again to Trish and to my other fellow bloggers who have inspired and supported me over the years.