How can you tell that you are in God’s presence? Here are some tips that I came across:
- He speaks clearly. What He says is consistent with His word and Jesus’ life.
- He gives you a solution.
- He gives you guidance and direction.
- He says something that you know could only come from God.
- He brings you to a passage of scripture.
- Your heart suddenly overflows with happiness and thanksgiving; it is God reminding you of all He has done in your life.
- He asks you to get on your knees.
- He makes His presence known in circumstances.
- Suddenly you are crying. It’s God’s presence.
- He says, “Here’s what I am going to do…”
- I made you for Myself. Ask God to make His presence known to you.
- A worship service or a song
I have experienced all of these things. God is very real. He makes His presence known in so many ways. I have been in places where I could honestly say, “Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.”
God wants us to be aware of Him. He is always there. He is always just a prayer away. Today say to Him, thank You, God, for granting me the joy of Your presence. In it I feel safe, loved and strengthened.