I saw this on WordPress and just had to share it. This documentary deals with the very disturbing and heartbreaking topic of gendercide. Imagine that being a girl in some parts in the world can be fatal. Imagine being a girl brings death to many innocent babies. Girls are devalued and seen as a burden to their families. Boys are given preference. When will those who murder baby girls realize that they are jeopardizing the future of their boys and their country? If they continue to get rid of girls, the boys will have no one to marry when they grow up. And how will they be able to bring into the world the boy babies they are so desperate to have?
Something must be done to stop this senseless act of gender killing. Girls are precious and valuable. They too are gifts from a heavenly Father who created both men and women in His image. In His eyes we are equals.
We need to speak out and continue to raise awareness of gendercide. In my opinion gendercide is a criminal act and the governments of China and India should treat it as such. Those who kill and abort girl babies should be arrested and charged with murder. This has been going on for too long and it’s time these governments take action and protect the rights of these innocent victims.
On their website, Causes.com explains that the “It’s a Girl” campaign is all about empowering activists to help tell the world that gendercide is real, it’s happening now, and there is something that all of us can do to put an end to it. Here are all the steps you can take to get involved with the movement:
To fight gendercide in China:
– Sign the petition urging world leaders to help end forced abortions, sterilizations, and coercive family planning under the One Child Policy in China
– Donate to Women’s Rights Without Frontiers, an organization fighting gendercide on the ground in China.
To fight gendercide in India:
– Sign the petition demanding that the Indian government take immediate and effective action to protect its female citizens.
– Donate to Invisible Girl Project, an organization with multiple initiatives to save young girls and provide for their basic needs in India.
To pledge your support to the “It’s a Girl” campaign:
– Take the pledge to take a stand against gendercide.
Take action now and join the fight against gendercide. The future of girls in China and India are at stake.