I got this in an email and wanted to share it with you. I am planning to follow these tips.
Spring Clean Your Body with Almost No Effort:
9 Easy Things You Can Do Today
1. Throw out the trash…from your diet, that is. I probably don’t have to tell you what constitutes “trash”: fried foods, sugary foods, and the 3 Ps: processed, prepared, and packaged food since they tend to be full of trans fats, sugar, and food additives.
2. If you can’t read eat, don’t eat it. Read labels on the healthy food selections you choose. As a general rule: most of the harmful chemicals you should be avoiding have long and complex names. If you can’t read the words on the package, don’t buy it, and don’t eat it. Better yet, choose fresh foods that come directly in Nature’s packaging.
3. Drink at least 8 to 10 cups of pure water dailyto help flush out toxins. For a really great detoxifying drink, add the fresh juice of one lemon to a large glass of water first thing in the morning. Lemons help alkalize your body chemistry, contain more than 20 anti-cancer compounds, and help cleanse your liver, kidneys, and colon.
4. Cut back or eliminate meat and dairy productsat least for a while to give your body a break. Meat is highly acid-forming in your body, can be a strain on the kidneys and intestines (low water, no fiber, and requiring plenty of energy to digest) and dairy is mucus-forming.
5. Eat lots of vegetables. Make at least 70% of every meal vegetables. That’s easier to do than you think: enjoy a fresh vegetable juice, a large green salad, or a plate of steamed, roasted, or stir-fried veggies, for example.
6. Keep your meals small and simplebut eat more frequently throughout the day. That will help stabilize your blood sugar and free up some of the massive amount of energy required for digestion.
7. Add 1/2 cup of cooked legumes (beans) to your diet daily to boost your fiber and nutrient intake and balance your blood sugar levels-one of the keys to balanced energy and weight.
8. Choose healthy snacks throughout the day. Here are some quick and simple ideas: a handful of raw, unsalted almonds, almond butter on celery sticks, nori rolls with avocado (vegetarian sushi), a veggie and sprout wrap, a berry smoothie with rice or almond milk (see the recipe below to learn how to make your own fresh almond milk).
9. Go for a brisk walk outside. Exercise improves circulation, which brings fresh, oxygenated blood to your organs and tissues, thereby revitalizing them…and you.